Tuesday, January 11, 2011

take my breath away

After such a long stretch 17 or 18 days without killing in dolphins, the dolphin slaughterers are back at at it.
In the last 3 days, approx 40 dolphins have been killed in Taiji.

They have not only been slaughtered in the most inhumane way, they have been trapped, separated from their families, tormented and finally stabbed to death or drowned.

A large pod of 25-30 dolphins were bullied into the Cove today.
In all the fear, chaos and noise, 2 dolphins jumped the nets. One brave soul swam out to sea, hopefully to find the pod, the other dolphin swam towards the cove guardians. The dolphin must sense that they wanted to help. This scared little being made a sharp turn and swam head first into a rocky cliff, dying. We can never know exactly what the dolphins think in these horrifying last moments. I believe they are smart enough to commit suicide. Im not saying that this is what the dolphin did....but its possible. Listening to your entire family scream for their lives might make you do something drastic too.

I wish I could get their sooner than my ticket is booked for.  The image of beautiful species crashing head first into rocks, bleeding and dying, lays so heavy on my chest tonight. I wasn't there, I only read the dailies, but tonight i'm sickened to tears.

Wake the fuck up people.

This is un-exceptable. This act of torture on this wordly species is far beyond anyones "culture".

No comments:

Post a Comment