Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 1 Blog

Could you slaughter a animal?

Could you force 100 puppies into a garage and start slicing them to pieces?

A fishing community in Japan does just that. With dolphins. Entire pods.

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Meagan and I hate animal killers. I don't eat meat of any kind, or any animal products of any sorts. I dont wear leather, I love tattoos. Im a realist and a artist, I voted to legalize marijuana. I've married my soulmate, my bestfriend is a chihuahua, and in March 2011, I am headed to Japan to take on the dolphin killers and support the efforts of stopping the brutal, primal, slaughter of thousands of dolphins and whales every year.

Yesterday sucked. Footage was taken of a baby dolphin being separated from its mother. Mother was most likely taken to a local aquarium, and the baby to slaughter. It was said that the mother dolphin had to be restrained while listening to the cries of her baby and other family members being sliced and diced.

Why do I have a such a issue with this? Why am I making my husband take me to Japan for our honeymoon, instead of drinking margaritas in Hawaii?

A few reasons.
*dolphin meat is poisonous. Has high mercury levels. Yet pkg'd up daily and sold??? um hello???
*these are beautiful, intelligent creatures of the sea. They deserve to live there in peace.
*slaughter is performed in a barbaric inhumane way.
*our oceans are limited. And huge part of our eco system.
*we as modern humans molest and torture and kill animals for profit. Nice.
*I hate animal killers.

I have never participated in a blog, nor have a ever had one of my own. But maybe, just maybe, I can cause a stir, raise some awareness and help in some way.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Meagan. This needless and horrible slaughter has to be stopped!! These mammals have never done anything to humans. Please help Meagan in her passionate fight to help save these dolphins! Email your friends and have them do what they can as well.
    If you haven't heard of this slaughter, just watch the movie THE COVE. You will not believe your eyes.

    ReplyDelete