Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 3.

I was asked why, when and how I became a part of this cause.

FYI. No dolphins were killed today. I wonder how much fuel the fishermen waste searching for pods to kill.

I first heard about the dolphin slaughter a few years ago on show I was watching about sharks and finning. The program touched briefly on the dolphin slaughter.
Then I started googleing and searching youtube for more info and facts. A few months after that, I saw that "The Cove" was playing on shaw on demand. So I watched it. It changed everything.
Being a vegan, killing animals is a touchy subject with me. I try very hard no to be "preachy", but jesus christ, people ask some dumb questions.

When I found out that the Sea Shepard conservation society was calling on volunteers to help stand guard at the cove, my next immediate thought..I was going. Then my second thought, shit, im in the middle of planning my wedding, and a wedding is a big money pig that eats all your extra funds. Hmmm. Well...there's always the honeymoon.
So as it sits...we are saving, taking extra work and stuffing all our money into our "flipper fund".

I am also going to be holding a fundraiser. All procedes from the night get directly donated to the Sea Shepard. I have to get all the details and materials from the conservation society, find a location and then the planning can begin. My goal is $10,000.

So til then..go buy a shirt and support.
savejapandolphins.org

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment