Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm not a mother..but I have one.

I used this word the other day in a previous post. Psycho.
By reading and watching the dailies from the cove, I feel so sick to my stomach. I am convinced that individuals that can inflict such harm and fear in other mammals, well, I think they have mental illness. Seriously, who snorkles for dead dolphins at a bottom of a blood filled bay, after all your stupid friends just stabbed them to death.Day after goddamn day of trickery, capture, torture and extreme fear. If I believed in hell, Id say thats where they are going. Im a little upset writing this at the moment.

The boats went out today and found a large pod. The pod split in fear, and as usual, the boats ushered in one half of the pod. Including 2 mothers and their calves. In the video captured by a fearless cove guardian, a baby dolphin is frantically swims by her mom, waiting for instruction from the pod on what to do. The baby is eventually caught in net, tied to to skiff boat, and dragged to the gutting barge. Meanwhile the momma dolphin is trying desperately to find and save her baby. My mom would do the same for me, and your mom would do the same for you. Look for you until she was no longer able. Im sure it wasn't even a full day before mom joined her calf and the rest of their family side by side, headless, at the fishmarket,destined for the grocery store shelves. Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment