Thursday, December 9, 2010

Taxi cab confessions

Blogging on the way to work via a very chatty cabbie.

Yesterday I made the decision to post my blog addy as my facebook status. I had reservations about doing this at first.
Anyone who knows me, knows my views on animal slaughter, abuse, eating flesh ect.
I have cousins on facebook who hunt, my mother and father inlaw have cattle that they slaughter yearly, and who knows who eles I could offend.
So, if I offend anyone, by having a strong opinion about the ethical treatment of the animals that we share the planet with. I'm not sorry.

Last night if anyone was watching national geographic at midnight, there was a very interesting program on man eating lions. Villages lived in fear of the blood hungary man eaters, coming to the conclusion the lion was sent from the spirit world to wipe out certain people. Living in constant fear was the way of life in these parts.
The big ol' lion was eventually killed, because over time, the people took over more of the land, where the lions used to graze.
Even the people of the villages had a respect for the animals that were surrounding them. Only took and killed what was needed to substain their families.
If a developing nstion has more awareness, conservation and dignity towards their animals, what the hell is wrong with Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment