Monday, December 20, 2010

Young Rissos'

After attending holiday party after holiday party, im so tired of looking at dead animal after dead animal. Thats all some people eat you know..turkey with a side of ham, followed by thin shaving of roast beef. Maybe a bun.

Christmas in Taiji Japan means dolphin for dinner. Again. Dolphin dinner after dolphin dinner for this group of highly intelligent educated community. Yes, I know thats not nice to say about these men and their families, but really....the only smart thing these guys do is try and hide their murderous acts from the lens of the guardians. The lens to the entire outside world. They know that if the world exposes them for their crimes against our planets oceans, the killing cove will be no longer, and they will have no job. 
I heard a old Bon Jovi song yesterday ( anything Bon Jovi reminds me of my mom and her long permed 80's rocker hair ) the lyrics I caught were " Im a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride, and Im wanted, dead or alive"I walk these streets, loaded six string on my back, I play for keeps, cause I might not make it back" Ive seen a million faces, and Ive rocked them all...and Im wanted, dead or alive"
Hmmm....these 28 assholes get together every morning the weather permits, they grab their tools and head out on their steel horse, and they want those dolphins, dead or alive. In their heads, maybe they relate themselves to being badass cowboys of the sea, taking what they want, when they want, they've seen a million faces, and they've killed them all. 
The song that followed on that Bon Jovi playlist was "blaze of glory"...that one just made me giggle.

A small pod ( mostly young juvevniles ) of risso dolphins were caught and killed. 
They swam a little to far from the pod and it cost them their young lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment